What do Architectural and Engineering Managers do?
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Confer with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Prepare budgets, bids, or contracts.
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, and market demand.
- Direct recruitment, placement, and evaluation of architecture or engineering project staff.
- Review, recommend, or approve contracts or cost estimates.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Plan or direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, or repair of facilities or equipment.
- Perform administrative functions, such as reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, or purchasing of materials or services.
- Establish scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Evaluate environmental regulations or social pressures related to environmental issues to inform strategic or operational decision-making.
- Solicit project support by conferring with officials or providing information to the public.
- Develop or implement programs to improve sustainability or reduce the environmental impacts of engineering or architecture activities or operations.
- Evaluate the environmental impacts of engineering, architecture, or research and development activities.
- Direct the engineering of water control, treatment, or distribution projects.
- Identify environmental threats or opportunities associated with the development and launch of new technologies.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate survey work with other project activities.
- Administer highway planning, construction, or maintenance.
Related Jobs (Architectural and Engineering Managers)