What do Biofuels Processing Technicians do?
Calculate, measure, load, mix, and process refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels and monitor production process. Perform, and keep records of, plant maintenance, repairs, and safety inspections.
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix refined feedstock used in biofuels production.
- Operate chemical processing equipment for the production of biofuels.
- Operate equipment, such as a centrifuge, to extract biofuels products and secondary by-products or reusable fractions.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
- Process refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels.
- Assess the quality of biofuels additives for reprocessing.
- Calibrate liquid flow devices and meters including fuel, chemical, and water meters.
- Collect biofuels samples and perform routine laboratory tests or analyses to assess biofuels quality.
- Inspect biofuels plant or processing equipment regularly, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Measure and monitor raw biofuels feedstock.
- Monitor and record biofuels processing data.
- Monitor and record flow meter performance.
- Monitor batch, continuous flow, or hybrid biofuels production processes.
- Monitor stored biofuels products or secondary by-products until reused or transferred to users.
- Preprocess feedstock in preparation for physical, chemical, or biological fuel production processes.
- Clean biofuels processing work area, ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Coordinate raw product sourcing or collection.
- Perform routine maintenance on mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment or instruments used in the processing of biofuels.
- Rebuild, repair, or replace biofuels processing equipment components.
Related Jobs (Biofuels Processing Technicians)