What do Product Safety Engineers do?
Develop and conduct tests to evaluate product safety levels and recommend measures to reduce or eliminate hazards.
- Investigate causes of accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to product usage in order to develop solutions to minimize or prevent recurrence.
- Evaluate potential health hazards or damage that could occur from product misuse.
- Participate in preparation of product usage and precautionary label instructions.
- Recommend procedures for detection, prevention, and elimination of physical, chemical, or other product hazards.
- Report accident investigation findings.
- Conduct research to evaluate safety levels for products.
Related Jobs (Product Safety Engineers)